- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger 2 cm
- 1 medium onion
- 1 big tomato
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- ½ tablespoon of cumin
- ½ tablespoon of turmeric
- Cayenne pepper(optiona)
- Chop the chicken into medium cubes .
- Cut the onion and the garlic in small cubes.
- Shred the ginger and grind the tomate.
- In a deep pan, add a little bit of vegetable oil and cook the onions, the garlic, the ginger and the tomate.
- Add all the spices: the Curry, cumin, turmeric, Cayenne, black pepper and a pinch of salt. Stir well for a couple of minutes and low thr fire by half.
- Add the chopped chicken and cook until it has been sealed by all sides.
- Add ½ cup of water and stir.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- If you see the sauce is very dry, put a little bit of more water, if on the contrary you see it is too liquid, turn up the temperature in order some of the liquid can evaporate.
- After 15 minutes check the salt and add more if it’s necessary.
- Now add ½ cup of coconut milk. Mix well and Cook 5 minutes more.
- If you like, you can soften the flavor adding more coconut milk.
- Time to turn off the heat and let stand for a couple of minutes.